Working at Vazco as a Product Owner gave me a chance for a rewarding and challenging career. I work with a talented and passionate team of developers. We created innovative and user-friendly products that solved real-world problems and delivered successful projects for clients from various sectors, such as education, healthcare, finance, and e-commerce. Direct contact with Clients and Stakeholders from around the world gave me the opportunity to meet great people while having fun and enjoying my work to help them grow their businesses.
At Vazco, we like to work with the latest technologies, experiment, and try new things out. We know that a friendly, open, non-bullshit company culture is essential for a happy workplace. Working on exciting, innovative projects that make a real-life impact also helps. You will find yourself in a flat structure, with very little management overhead and direct communication with the whole team, including the CEO. Besides working for interesting start-ups and scale-ups from all around the globe, you will have an opportunity to contribute to the Open Source community or non-profit projects for NGOs.
About your future (project/work)
As a Project Manager you can develop yourself in preferred areas: Product Owner, Scrum Master, Business Analitycs, and others. You can rely on the support from our PM team which consists of 5 well-experienced specialists. By joining our team, you enter the mission of providing best Project Management & Product Ownership services on the market.
Are we a match?
We are looking for just you if you have:
- Experience in one of the roles: Product Owner / Scrum Master / IT Project Manager.
- Good understanding - in theory, and practice - of Agile software development. Scrum is a must. Other Agile methodologies are nice to have.
- Extensive interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent English, both written and spoken. You will collaborate with clients from all over the world on a daily basis.
- Analytical thinking.
- Understanding business goals of clients and needs of the end-users.
- Very good ability to organize and prioritize your work and the team's work.
- Leadership skills - ability to influence and inspire others.
- Being able to establish very good contact with the customer and the team.
- Ability to handle conflicts and mitigate in advance the possible project risks.
- Being self-organized, independent, and responsible for your actions.
- Basic IT knowledge - understanding the software development process and the technical challenges at a high level.
- Being assertive and having negotiating skills.
It would be nice if you have experience with these
(but don't worry - you can learn them later):
- Experience in working with Jira.
- A certificate to prove your Agile/Scrum skills.
- Other Project Management methodologies.
- Experience in facilitating Design Sprint / discovery phase of the projects.
What will be your responsibilities?
Your responsibilities as a Product Owner will be:
- Collaborating with clients to define their vision and project goals.
- Preparation of project roadmap in the form of User Stories, Sprints, Backlogs, etc., based on customer requirements and expectations.
- Leading scrum events such as Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, Team Meetings, Demo, Sprint Retrospective.
- Ensuring the high-quality work and timely delivery of projects.
- Maintaining clear and matter-of-fact communication with clients, developing good relationships based on partnership.
- Setting clear expectations, tracking project progress, and providing feedback to the team and client.
- Reporting results and critical obstacles in achieving project goals.
- Developing existing processes.
- Controlling project budget, tracking project profitability, and billing.
- Proposing and leading internal initiatives.
Perks & Benefits
By virtue of being remote-first, your remote office has to be top-class. To make this happen, you get a dedicated budget for master-tweaking your workspace.
After a hard day of working, there's nothing better than simply going for a drive in go-karts with your team. Or maybe a chill session with board games? - it’s up to us. We do what we feel like doing. In addition, we occasionally go big and travel to Prague for a couple of days, and just relax together. Oh, you’re a new guy? Don’t forget to bring a cake! We don’t waste even the slightest opportunity to celebrate.
Health always comes first - also at work. By joining us, you get a fully funded extended medical package to ensure you're safe & sound, whether you’ve got the flu, a wisdom tooth growing out, or if anything else ails you. Vazco to the rescue!
Regular lessons with a native speaker if you want to polish your English.
Squat, pump, swim, go chill in a sauna or do anything you like. A worn-out body is a well-rested mind.
Whether it comes to Lean Startup, Scrum, or Public Speaking training, we do our best to find the best tutors and meet your expectations. If you were looking for a football 5-a-side session here, there are plenty of them, too.
Build your true Pro statue through your blogging & social media activity as a company ambassador, your speeches at various conferences and meetups, hosting workshops, and other exciting initiatives. Do it all with our back-up.
Whether you are an early bird or rather a night owl, work as you prefer.
Forget being all alone after your very first day - that’s not how we do it down here. By joining us, you gain full access to mentoring from our experts, also on niche topics, who will provide you personalized support.
To make our company even more growth-friendly, we’ve created an environment supporting your self-development. Join knowledge circles to boost your interests, attend pair programming sessions to explore your colleagues' projects, watch & create presentations for the weekly Development Circle events. The more you give, the more you get.
We build pro-active teams, participating in all product-making stages.
Whichever contract you choose, we offer you paid vacation time. If you prefer not to use it, you’ll get its financial equivalent.
Innovative projects in various industries for clients from all over the world. Projects we work on are often funded by people like e.g. the founder of Zoom, or Trivago.
Opportunity for self-development, learning from experienced Project Managers, sharing knowledge within a company, and mutual support.
If working less than full-time is your future job key requirement, we are open to discussions - it’s possible to work with us from 0.5 FTE upwards.
If you decide to change the project, either to continue your growth in a different role or to change the industry, we can facilitate such change.
By joining us, you won’t have to wake up at 5 a.m. to get to the office after being stuck in traffic for 2 hours. We are 100% remote - however, if you want to meet with your team on-site, feel free to drop by our office in Wroclaw.
You’ve found a team fully aware that the people's age does not necessarily determine their level of competence. Get promoted by growing your skills, not by the hundreds of years spent on one position.
Work in a team of skilled enthusiasts.