Senior QA Engineer
Join our crew and embark on a fantastic journey!
12 500 - 18 800 PLN gross
Choose between 0.5 - 1 FTE
Wrocław or remote
Vazco is a software company where we like to work with bleeding-edge technologies, experiment, and try new things out. We know that a friendly, open, non-bullshit company culture is essential for a happy workplace. Working on exciting, innovative projects that make a real-life impact also helps.
You will find yourself in a flat structure, with very little management overhead and direct communication with the whole team, including the CEO. Besides working for interesting start-ups and scale-ups from all around the globe, you will have an opportunity to contribute to the Open Source community or non-profit projects for NGOs.
Why choose Vazco?
- Speed up your career - we have a culture focused on growing your skills and providing you with responsible roles as soon as you’re ready.
- Choose your work time - between 0.5 - 1 FTE
- Work in elastic timeframe and hours, with a remote-first approach
- Get mentoring of experts in a wide range of technologies.
- Join innovative, impactful projects such as scale-ups and start-ups. Sorry, but you need to look for boring legacy projects somewhere else.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Making decisions over technology and tools used within the company.
- Teaching and mentoring other QA team members to progress their careers.
- Designing test automation scripts and testing new features (sometimes broken by our developers).
- Working closely in Scrum teams, conducting code reviews, and reviewing feature requirements/specifications.
- Cooperating with Product Owners to design tests that will ensure the goals are met before product releases.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has a good command of both spoken and written English.
- Is open-minded and have a very proactive attitude.
- Has proven experience with manual and automated testing for web apps.
- Has working experience in API automation testing (Postman, Swagger, etc.) for REST or GraphQL.
- Is familiar with test management tools (TestRail, Jira, or similar).
- Has the ability to set up testing environments and contribute to CI/CD processes.
- Is able to work with project documentation and contribute to its further development.
- Understands and can enforce best practices in testing and quality control processes.
- Can effectively communicate testing activities and findings in told and written formats to the development team and the client.
- Can get creative while testing.
- Would like to suggest UX improvements when they see them.
- Is open to expanding their skills and knowledge, including being open for management roles in the future.
It would be nice if you have these:
Working knowledge of DevOps concepts and tools.
Previous experience with leading a QA team.
Sharing knowledge through presentations at meetups/conferences.
A remote-first approach, with an office in Wrocław that we regularly use for meetings and fun, and as an optional co-working space (but no open spaces!).
Opportunity to share knowledge and processes inside the company to facilitate the professional self-development of both company and its employees.
Participation in circles/guilds within the company, including the QA Circle.
Truly flexible work hours and work arrangements, including working part-time.
Ability to change projects in time - in case you decide to change the project, either to continue your growth in a different role or to change the technology/industry, we can facilitate such change.
Room for personal development - we will support your career and provide you with new responsible roles when you decide you're ready for them.
The possibility of having a real impact on projects - we build pro-active teams, participating in all product-making stages.
Satisfaction with being part of engaging, meaningful projects from throughout the world.
Opportunity to work with latest technologies - we like to be on the bleeding edge of things and really dislike legacy systems.
Open culture with a friendly, easy-going atmosphere and quick, non-hierarchical decision making.
Regular lessons with a native speaker if you want to polish your English :)
Co-funded Multisport card and other benefits.