- Since April 2018 - over 5 years
- Wellness & Beauty
- Tech Lead
- Software Architect
- Senior Full Stack Developer
- 3 Full Stack Developers
- Junior Full Stack Developer
- 2 QA Specialists
- Product Owner
- Web App Development
- Mobile Application Development
- Business Advisory
- Cybersecurity Audits
- Technical Audits
- Serverless Services
- Quality Assurance
- Product Design
- United Kingdom
- Most popular booking systems for beauty & well-being services in Finland.
- All-in-one system for vendors. Provider of both booking and payment services, currently being used by over 5000 salons in Europe
- The mobile app achieved the top ranking in the lifestyle category (#1 on App Store) during its first weekend post-launch.
How does the client perceive our cooperation?
- 5000beauty salons spread across Europe on the platform
- + 300%YoY growth
- 0.5%churn rate
About the project
Booksalon is a sophisticated system for booking beauty and wellness salons, physiotherapist offices, personal training venues, and similar vendors.
What challenges did the client face?
At the very beginning
Taking over the existing prototypeUnifying a set of unfinished or partially finished chunks of the system built by different teams.
Making the app production-readyAll the way through, from the setup of code quality tools, through the deployment process, to monitoring.
Refactor data modelWith proper access and validation support to be implemented from scratch.
Along the way
Becoming an industry pioneerTo stay ahead of the competition, it was crucial to expand the range of functionality with what salon owners demanded
Entering new marketsFinland has always been intended as a launch pad, not a target market, so the developed product had to be both technologically and business-ready for expansion.
Customer app releaseInitially, booksalon was a vendor-only solution, which over time evolved into an all-in-one solution, offering the whole range of facilities to customers as well.
Initially, the very first prototype was developed by only a single developer. Since then, our approach has evolved, but our principles have stayed the same.
Delivered key functionalities
- Product requiring investment
- Booking software only
- Only desktop version available
- Only a few beauty salons in Finland covered by the service
- 1 developer working on the prototype
- Self-financing product
- Both booking software and payment hardware
- Both desktop and mobile versions available
- 9-member development team working hard on the sophisticated system
- Several thousand well-being facilities across the entire Scandinavia (and beyond) covered by the service.
Our achievements at this point are far from what we are aiming for. We’ll do our best to make this product so good that it will be your first choice when booking services - no matter if it will be a massage in Helsinki or a haircut in London.
Business ExpansionEntering new markets and covering more salons across all over Europe.
Enhanced product developmentIn addition to the new client-oriented functionalities, Book Salon is expanding with a mobile application and new analytical dashboards for vendors.
Strengthening the cooperationMutual support and business understanding take cooperation to a whole new level.